Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Beyond the Comps...

What's been happening?

Wellll I was looking forward to having heaps more free time after comp, but I seem to still never have enough hours in the day.

I've just replaced one lot of busy-ness with another... I seem to be at work heaps more just doing 'stuff' - but my goal is now to really put some extra time in to all things work related. So many ideas, never enough time!

I've had staff away on leave and infected with the evil flu so I've been pulling heaps of shifts to cover and I didn't realise how much I missed it! :)

After a rebellious stage where I wanted nothing to do with the gym, I'm back into the swing of it, not as regimented, just having FUN with it! I've been using my own studio to train (my goodness, who would have thought! LoL It's usually too busy for me to train when I want to, plus I need my headspace) AND making my trainers train me. I returned the favour to one of them today and pushed her through a run :)

I'm going to join in on a Beach Boxing session we run, and get my ass back to RPM. I'm looking forward to mixing it up and doing it coz I love it, not becuase I HAVE too... which is what tends to happen at the back-end of comp prep. :)

Food - well I love it and it loves me. Enough said.

Shannon came up for a day trip as I mentioned in a prior post, and we had a really nice time - coffee, casual lunch at the beach, wine, and coffee! No limitations, no special requirements. How relaxing. :))

Next on the agenda, as I always need a carrot dangling in front of me - MELBOURNE THIS WEEKEND!! WOOOOP! We're heading off for a girlie weekend of shopping and chilling and of course watching the All Females Comp! We both had a moment of absolutely craziness where we contemplated competing at it... as this one has special memories for us as we competed together last year... that thought soon disappeared once our sugar-induced haze wore off ;) No thank you was I extending my prep for another 6 weeks. 2 comps was enough for me this year :)

I don't regret that decision at all, it will be really nice to see it from the other side. I soooo can't wait to get away, I LOVE Melbourne!!

Also can't wait to catch up with everyone attending, and to cheer on those gals competing!!! So so so if anyone reads this - tell me if you're going!

YAY - 2 more sleeps!

(And thanks to whoever commented on my last post -sometimes it says 4 comments have been posted, other times 5 comments -but when I got in to read them, there's only 2! Is blogger sick?!?)

5 comments:

lauren said...

Hi Selina,

Love your blog - it has given me a great insight into figure comps and the aftermath!
I will be competing in novice figure on saturday so look for the girl who looks like shes about to wet her pants on stage - that will be me!! lol! Im so nervous!
Anyway hope to meet you and shannon there xxoo

Kek said...

Stoopid Blogger - a couple of my comments have disappeared. And they were very important too. ;)

It was awesome to see you again - way too long since the last time (I so have to find an excuse to come visit you!). I had such fun on Saturday, haven't stayed up that late for ages. Sad, I know...

Hope you had a blast on Sunday. Remind me to send you photos.

xx

Unknown said...

Good post, I think.

Gillian said...

Hi Selina!!

How are things going????

We haven't heard from you in a while. Hope everything is okay:) I miss hearing about your adventures:)

Gillian

Bec said...

Hey babe, hope all is going well. Just thought I would pop by and say hi :)