Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Another thing I'm keeping busy with at work...

Breast Cancer Foundation Fundraiser

From October 29th – December 5th, 2007, I have taken up the challenge of entering a local ‘Pink Ribbon Hero Quest’. This quest is an important mission to raise money for the National Breast Cancer Foundation.

Why I have decided to do this

We all know someone who has been touched by some form of cancer. I have decided to help fundraise for Breast Cancer Foundation as my sister has a good friend who has been through it all. At 26 years of age, she was diagnosed with breast cancer and started chemotherapy and radiation therapy at 27. She was in remission for 2 years until earlier this year at age 29, she found another lump which had spread. My sister was with her while she had one of her second lots of chemotherapy, and the processes she explained to me brought tears to my eyes. The friend, only 2 weeks ago had her first mastectomy – in 6 months time will have the second after completing radiation therapy. At the young age of 30, she has been through breast cancer twice, which is why this cause touches a chord with me.

My Goal

My goal is to raise a minimum of $1,000. My competitive streak is coming out, as there is a bit of a contest as to who can be the highest fundraiser. It is my personal goal to be the winner for this cause.

How You Can Help

Donations - To donate to the ‘Pink Ribbon Hero Quest’, you can simply make a donation – every cent goes towards making a huge difference. Donations over $2 will be issued a receipt and are fully tax deductible. Direct credit into our bank account can be accepted, as well as a credit card deduction (+ 1.5% credit card charge fee).
And for our training clients and locals...

Sweet jar – Guess the number of sweets in the jar. $1 per guess – winner takes it all (great to give away as a Christmas gift!!)

Men – wear a pink shirt to your training session and we’ll donate $2 per session! Tip – the brighter the better!!! (And we have to take a picture for our board of fame!)

Water & Towels - All proceeds from water sold for cardio sessions and towels hired between now and December 5th, will be donated to the foundation.

I thank you in advance for supporting this worthy cause. I am fortunate as no one in my immediate family has been affected by breast cancer. Every cent - large or small goes towards making a difference to those who have been.

“You can move mountains by
removing one rock at a time”


2 comments:

Kek said...

Called you this arvo, but you was bizzy. There I was, bored out of my tiny brain, and NOBODY was around to chat to....

Anyway, will email prolly tomorrow night, gotta run now. Great cause, byeeeeeee!!

Shar said...

Sel

Please e mail your direct deposit account details.

SHAR xxxx

Keep up the good work, such a worthy cause.