Tuesday, November 06, 2007

TIME FLIES!!!

Well it's now seven weeks today till Christmas!! Which means it's been two weeks since I contributed anything to my blog...(thanks for the push Hils!)

I've been so busy and had many stressful moments over the past month, but at the end of the day, I'm still alive and kicking!! Kicking hard at that :P

One of my two main trainers finished up last Tuesday so that was sad to say buh-bye. He's off venturing around the world, and I don't blame him one bit!! His replacement is going well as she has been working with us all year, she's just picked up more shifts.

My other trainer, who is also a really good friend, finishes next week. That will be said to see her go, she too is fulfulling her travelling dreams. To save stress I started recruiting for staff 2 months ago... I had a fantastic replacement, she was so keen to start, the current trainer was happy to finish up next week (instead of holding out till the end of the year as originally planned). About 4 weeks ago the new girl pulled the pin before she even started, so that left us up the creek without a... trainer! The current one already has flights booked or she told me she definitely would have stayed there was someone else. Another trainer came along and she told me the job was hers (ie - very keen too!!!), but last week also pulled the pin without even starting... I'm starting to get a complex here - come on, I'm not that hard to work for!!! Although these two things have brought on mini stress attacks - hence the few senseless stress posts previously, I'm coping 100% better to what I was a year ago, when I had a mini breakdown! I've come to realise that we can only do what we can do, and the world isn't going to end if things don't go quite to plan :)

It'll be sad to have no one to share training stories with - the only person in my current world who understands what if feels like to train with passion!! To run so hard you nearly throw up, to have DOMS so unbelievely bad that walking into work is a chore, and to sacrifice nites out just to get up early and train. See why I love my blogging buddies so much!!! :)

I'm buying her road racing bike off her, which is a damn good one at that which I'm SOOOO excited about!! My christmas has come early!! I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait!

In other training news - I've got an awesome running program I'm smashing myself with, I'm hoping to get a little speed in the off season, to come back faster and stronger next year!! Todays efforts were just that - a huge effort, with the serious leg DOMS I'm carrying. All I was thinking was "if you can do it with sore legs, it's gonna be 10x easier with fresh legs, so JUST DO IT!!" By the end I was a poster girl for the Nike 'run ugly' campaign!!

Hope everyone had a win today!! In all honesty, I didn't even hear the race on the radio... so who won?!?! ;)

3 comments:

Kek said...

Aww, big hugs for you! Glad you're not curled up in a corner sobbing, anyway. I know how 'stuff' can get overwhelming if you let it....

I'd come and work for you if you were just a little closer.

Have fun running yourself ugly! :)

Miss Positive said...

Good luck finding a new trainer! (have you considered changing your deodorant?? LOL!) Fingers crossed that it all works itself out soon.

Training sounds like its going great, keep up that 'running ugly'!!

Hilary xx

Bec said...

Hi there,

Thanks for checking in on my. I have been so slack nopt posting.

Gosh it sounds like finding trainers is quite hard. Good luck, I am sure that you will end up with someone good.

The running sounds as though it is going really well. You are so inspiring! I can't wait to get back into it too.

Enjoy your weekend

xxx ooo Rebecca