Friday, June 06, 2008

I recovered...

What a week.
I was shattered from the half marathon, so Monday was tough. Spent an hour and twenty minutes (yes that's right) just WAITING in the doc's surgery for my OH to get in to his appointment. Then he had another 15mins in there. It was a great way to spend my break! ;) His 'injury' that kept him AND ME awake all Sunday nite, is a boil. A very large, disgusting boil. He was given the strongest painkillers, antibiotics, and a week off work as he can't drive or operate machinery when under the influence.

Tuesday was work, CPR update - gee I love them - decided at last minute as my legs were still sore that I needed another recovery day. More like i-just-ran-21.1kms-on-the-weekend-i-don't-have-to-do-jack-so-nerrr kinda day.

Wednesday got my butt back into it for the lauch of the new RPR Extreme - the one hour class.
Lurrrved it! Had all intentions of a run that afternoon, but I came up with another excuse.

Thursday - work, had TV cameras in as my business is going to be part of an ad airing soon (at no cost to me which is a bonus!!), so cleaned like mad. Only found out on Wednesday nite that they wanted to use us. Got to RPM last night as well, I absolutely smashed myself, I was sweating madly at track 2... Maybe coz I got there so early that I had time to do about 15mins cycling before the class? Maybe coz it was later in day so I had less energy left? Whatever, I caned it, and lurved it! My OHs aunt and uncle are up from Sunny Coast and he's an insurance broker, and I'm a slack woman and have never arranged income protection or life insurance or anything (nothing major of course!!), so chatted to him. The company he deals with don't insure personal trainers for life insurance....
UMMM???? What?!?! Woudln't they be your target market?? Fit, healthy and conscious of staying that way? Not very smart are they! Anyway, I've got a few more options I'm working on, it's only been in progress for four and a half years. ;)

Today - busy busy. Had heaps of back to back clients and I don't get a chance to drink my water as much as I'd like, and always end up with a sore throat, from talking too much (not yelling of course), and not sipping. It's still a bit husky, but whatever...
Had hassles with Fitness Qld with re-registering so was on the phone to them for a bit. I've got more than enough CEC points but things have changed... I had no issues re-registering that way last time, but this time, dramas dramas. I didn't know some of the rules had changed, how rude! ;) (Had I taken the time to actually re-search, I'm sure I must have been sent some form of notification in the past 2 years!).
AND then to top the day off, I got a call at 3pm, my OH is in hospital having surgery tonite. Right now in fact! His boil has gone from disgusting to SUPER-feral. The doctor prescribed the wrong anitibiotics which has made things quite messy...
It's huge and gross (gore isn't my thing, I'd never make a good nurse), infected, and it may have infected the bone. Went to the doctor today to get it cleaned out, and was admitted to hospital. Right now he's under general anaesthetic. I'm just waiting for my call to get back there.
Never a dull moment in my life this week!!

6 comments:

Kristy said...

Gee Selina you have had a very very busy week. Hope everything goes ok tonight for your OH.

Kek said...

I'm glad you finally updated - I was about to call you, thought you'd fallen off the face of the earth!

Hope your boy's OK - boils are nasty. Don't blame you for being all squeamish. *shudder*

Miss Positive said...

Wow you have been busy! Good luck with the TV commercial, and fingers crossed everything went alright with OH! I think I would have made a good nurse, as I find looking at gross and bleeding injuries to be absolutely fascinating!

Hilary xx

Lyndsay said...

oohh! You're going to be on TV!! You know how I feel about that!

Your body deserved a day to recover, it needs it you know that, don't be hard on yourself!

Good luck with OH, boys can be such babies - hope he doesn't send you insane. Hee hee. Don't tell him I said that, it does sound BAD!!

Amy said...

Wow- you have had one big and busy week. Hope the operation went well and he is ok. All the best for the commercial shoot!

Unknown said...

I felt exhausted just reading about your week! Hope your OH is ok- sounds a nasty one. Give yourself a rest!