Friday, October 17, 2008

Happy Birthday :)

It's my little brother's birthday today. A big 22. He's not so little anymore! His girlfriend has arranged a surprise dinner at a swish restaurant tonite with cake and sparklers and all the fancy stuff. I'm going to be strong and say NO to the cake.

It's going to be a challenging weekend; I'm off to the races tomorrow. The whole of the town is going. I only decided on Wednesday... If I found something to wear, I'd go; if I didn't, I'd sit at home (which is in the same suburb - literally 200m from the race track) and sulk.

I found THE.MOST.GORGEOUS outfit. I'm sooo excited. I acutally found three, nearly bought two of them, then sensible Selina kicked in and I bought the one. I really wouldn't get the wear out of two.

Last night I went shopping with my sister as she had the same drama. As we left her hubby said "Spend what you want hun". I looked at him; he innocently said "what?"... He has no idea what us to can get up to when we shop. She tried on three gorgeous dresses, couldn't decide, so bought them all! Oh I love shopping with her :) I walked away with another one too... it was a HUGE bargain I couldn't say no to.

So it's going to be a fun weekend of glamming it up. I'm going to behave as best I can... the scales are doing nice things to me lately. I'm seeing numbers that I haven't seen for a very long time. My comparison progress pics aren't all that exciting, but I've had 3 different people tell me over the last week that I've trimmed up; so I'm taking that and running. Fast.

And as a side note - the outfit I bought, and all the dresses I tried on were... size 6!
(I'm positive sizes really are getting bigger, but it still feels good just to say that) ;)

3 comments:

Jehanne said...

ooooooooooh I love a successful shopping trip - been having a few myself lately too!

gypsy77 said...

Hey you!!

Have fun and make sure you post some pics of yourself all glammed up!

xx
bec

Unknown said...

Pics! pics! pics! we need pics!!!