Thursday, October 02, 2008

Why Thank you Mr Canada!!!

I finally bought it - I'm king of my castle sitting here typing away on my new notebook!!!! I bought my new toy on Tuesday. I went armed with my list of specifications and questions, no salesman was going to persuade me otherwise!!!

I got a pretty good deal - he knocked $200 off the price. Well, the price it was listed as... I didn't even have to haggle, "today I'll do it for ummmmm *thinking hard* $200 less". I felt special but I'm sure they knock that much off it for everyone to make them feel they're getting a good deal! Sold me! I had to get a few other bits and bobs to link it to my work computer so he did good out of me anyway!

It was only as we sat down to seal the deal that he noticed my shirt. "Ahhhh so you're a Personal Trainer?" This is when we became best friends. Turns out he is a former competitive body builder previously from Canada - he won Mr Western Canada and his training partner was Mr Canada. I can tell you everything, as he told me everything! He showed me pics he had on his computer and it was quite impressive!! So we were talking for a very long time about training, fitness, food etc. I was his bestestest customer ever - he was very excited to have someone to talk to about something he was so passionate about - other than his job selling computers of course :P!! I was in there for almost 2 hours :)

I also got all excited as I used to live in Canada too - I told him exactly where and he knew, and I knew his hometown. It was quite an exciting little shopping excursion.

AND after all that, he threw in at no cost a wireless mouse (I'm h-o-p-e-l-e-s-s on this touchpad thingy), AND another thingy worth $200. I was waiting for the steak-knives ;) But now I've got so many features and thingys that I don't know what to do with them all! :P

But I'm such a smarty-bum, I set the whole network up myself, and it works!! Hey, that's an achievement for me, I didn't even know what to ask for, hence the list assembled my computer know-all relative! :)

No comments: