Saturday, October 11, 2008

It's the weekend!

I was so saddened this morning to read the news that missing backpacker Britt has been confirmed dead. I got goosebumps and felt ill reading about it. Can't imagine what her family and friends are going through.

**********************************

Did groceries this morning and nearly danced in the aisles at Woolworths - Frozen EGG WHITES ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEHA!!!

They stocked them a few years ago, then they disappeared. I was sure back then I was the only one buying them. Every time I got to any supermarket, I just had a look. So you can just imagine how exciting it was today :) Let's hope they keep them now!!

(I have no problems separating eggs, but when your stomache is eating itself, that simple step seems to take forever!! I'm all for convenience!)

5 comments:

Miss Positive said...

Good to hear that you found the egg whites, I've never managed to find the liquid ones though... although I haven't really been looking that hard :)

Hilary xx

Doris's BEHAG journey said...

Yehah! I will go back and get some too! I used to get them all the time and I thought I was the only who loved using. Are these the same 'Ready Egg Whites' in a green box in the freezing section!

Kek said...

Ooh - I haven't been able to find them lately either. Must make a detour to Safeway and see if they're in stock.

Unknown said...

The news about Britt was awful. I guess it gives some closure or resolution but before she was found there was always the possibility that she may be found. I just can't conceive how her parents must feel- it makes me shudder just to think of it.

Hilds said...

I'm amazed you find any in Mackay, Cam & I buy as many as we can whenever we see them, we are the secret Egg White hoarders! (he,he). You will find them at most Woolies in Mackay except for the one at Andergrove doesn't seem to have them! I've sussed them all out, love the Egg Whites!
Hope you are well! Hilds