Sunday, March 16, 2008

OVER THE MOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (i think that's enough o's) EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just sitting here, freshly sweaty and wind-blown from my 5km Road Race Championship. I did it in my second fastest time in HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!! Only 10seconds of my best ever!!!
I cannot believe it!!! I hoped for, but didn't expect it, and tried not to do the self-inflicted pressure... I would have been content with anything under 25mins as that's been the elusive mark for about 18months, but I SMASHED IT to finish in 23mins 06sec.
I had many people asking what I ate for lunch ("Rocket salad?"), what secret training I've been doing, and asking for a not-so-random drug test. LOL! So I surprised not just myself but everyone else.
My trainer predicted it, I wasn't so sure of myself doing it, but man, he knows his stuff!!! I cannot wait to see what else I can achieve this year!!!
HARD WORK + PATIENCE = RESULTS!!!

4 comments:

EML509 said...

That's great Selina. You sound similar to when my team won it's way through to the netball granny a few years back... remember?!!!!!

Good work chicky.

Lyndsay said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaay! (enough a's?) You go girl!

Kek said...

Wow - congratulations!

Wish you'd been at Phat Camp. You'd have loved it. :o)

Kristy said...

Great time Selina, well done