Monday, May 26, 2008

The Countdown Begins...

6 more sleeps until my half marathon!!

The local one here that is :) My goal is to beat my time from last year. I should, based on previous runs, but who knows on the day! This will be only my second one - although I have covered this distance many times in training, but I love the adrenalin in the 'races'. My training has been quite errr... crappy lately. I won't even mention the foot - which WAS good until I wore little heels last weekend - but being away threw me out of routine and along with that goes the mojo...
The 18kms on Saturday morning killed me, I had a nana nap about lunch time. Backed it up with 10.9kms Sunday afternoon (and yes, the .9kms is very important!). I wasn't sure of the course we were to run, but my new shoes were all dry and ready to be run in, so I threw them on, only to get there and find we were running 5kms of it on the bloody beach. So again, they were soaked and filled with sand. Repeated cleaning process last night. I was buggered during the run, I came in second last - not that I care. My legs wouldn't co-operate and I didn't want to push it and be fatigued all this week.

I finally registered and paid for the Gold Coast half! Yay - 5 weeks and 6 days to go as coach kindly told me today!!

I'm looking forward to having a break from the longer training after the GC half, although it's been a part of my training since November last year. I think my body will like the break, and it gives my foot a chance to properly heal, along with all my other niggles that I'm need even bothering mentioning as they change weekly! I won't know myself though without a BIG goal. The fun (ie bloody tough) runs are later in the calendar... 3kms and 1.6kms, which as much as they kill me are more my 'thing'. Hoping to smash some more PBs :)

I'm tired of talking about running, so best do some real work!! ;)

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Woohoo Gold Coast here we come...

Dianna Broeren said...

Good luck for your race! I'm going to do one of those one day.

Cheers
Di

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

The few days before the race are the hardest for me. Nothing to do but wait and not doing anything stupid. Hope your remaining 5 days go well!

Amy
www.runnerslounge.com
blog.runnerslounge.com