Saturday, May 10, 2008

What's Been Happening??

Had to fit a 5 day working week into 4 days! That's always fun :) I was back in the training groove on Monday, after the indulgences of the weekend. Did legs as hard as I could, which unfortuntately (and for ONCE!), didn't produce much DOMS. Did an RPM session somewhere in there along with 2 runs, a walk and a step DVD from Liz. Today was a noice sleep-in, and after stirring about 4.15am - normal time - I somehow managed to snooze till 8am! It's overcast, yay! It's a rest day because......

Tomorrow is going to be the run of death. I'm attempting 28kms. Just the thought makes me shudder... It can be done relay-style, individuals, or just-run-as-far-as-you-want. Last year I pulled out at 20kms as that was my longest training run prior to my first half marathon. Now that 2 hour runs are a bit more common, I'm sure I could force another 8kms out of my legs... surely! Foot has been going OK (thanks Amy!), and I'll strap it good tonite and cross my fingers. If it hurts, I'm done. And walking is definitely not beneath me! I'm not planning on aggravating any injuries with my stubborn-ness because.........

It's official, I've booked my flights to the GC. I'm gonna do the half down there!! YAY!!!

But before I get too far ahead, I'm looking forward to this weekend coming in Brisbane! Sooo looking forward to getting away and catching up with heaps of people. I'm going into Intraining - which Andj suggested so I can be properly assessed for shoes which are best for my foot. They do a very comprehensive analysis which I'm quite impressed with, so I don't mind spending lots of money in there!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Hope you have a great weekend in Brisbane...Sounds excellent. I tried my new shoes out and they felt good, but i could feel my feet in a different way...Might take a little while to get used to...

It is great to get your feet checked properly...