Friday, May 08, 2009

Nana Nap

Although I had an early night last night, I woke up exhausted this morning. I got to work about 5 mins before my client was due. Ummm-ahhh. He ended up sleeping right through his alarm anyway so I didn't have to rush after all.

I went for the slowest ever recorded 8km shuffle when I got my first break, and after that I was stuffed! Had a few more clients and felt like death warmed up. Not ill, just buggered. While out doing errands I ran into some people I know who said I looked not very well at all. I took that as a compliment, 1 week out from comp, I should look a bit ill shouldn't I? ;)

It was my last heavy leg session today so I made the executive decision that I needed a nap. So for the first time ever, I had a nap during the day on a work day. Gosh I felt good after it though! Came back to work and was told I look sick... I'd just woken up ;)

Legs copped a hiding, and that wouldn't have happened had I not napped. I feel so lazy sleeping during the day, but whatever...

I'm not seeing any clients next week and it's feels like a huge weight has been lifted. I will still work doing the other half of my job - managing the studio, but not having to be there for this appointment and that one, and not having to crawl out of bed at ungodly hours every morning will make a less-stressed, and less tired me. And that can only be a good thing in the final week leading to comp. I want to relax for once :)

9 more sleeps to go, and I'm so scared!!!!!!! Not excited yet, just nervous :)

3 comments:

Kek said...

Naps are the BEST. I had a lovely two hours this afternoon myself. :o) No guilt here!

You gotta listen to what your body is telling you, and right now extra sleep is definitely needed.

Shaboom said...

Hey Selina,

Yes, you know you are just about ready when you start getting the "you don't look very well comments" from people lol. You will look great! Looking forward to watching you up there :)

ss2306 said...

Know how you feel.

I'm only working Monday and Tuesday next week thank god. All I can hope for is that I sleep in a bit on the other days.